Friday, December 14, 2007

Random Thoughts: Snow... Snow... Snow... Snow...

You know, I can honestly say that I was a bit jealous of a former coworker the other day. He now owns/operates a Bed & Breakfast in central Vermont. Rhode Island winters usually don't get started until the last couple weeks of Jan. I was telling my wife how it must be nice to have a white Christmas every year. We just got dumped with 6-12, and if the storm headed this way this weekend stays all/mostly snow, we will likely have some around on the 25th. In the last third of a century I only remember one white Christmas and one sort-of muddy brown-white-mix Christmas. Here's hoping.

As one more side note, the title of this post, in my head, was musical like the scene in the movie White Christmas where Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney, and Vera-Ellen sing the song, "Snow". I guess my brain doesn't translate well to a text-based musical. Who would have guessed? If, by chance, you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it. As old as it is, it is still fun, peppy and upbeat.

0 comments: