Monday, December 31, 2007

Random Thoughts: One day left

I can't help but think about the fact that there is only one day left of my days off. This day has only just begun, but I already feel like its over. How weird is it that we spend our lives living from one experience that has just passed to one experience that is soon to come. I feel like I should make more days worthwhile, but I just don't know how. In fact, that is one of the biggest problems I have with work. I wake up, go to work and come home. I do it again the next day, and the next. When all is said and done, I am only truly alive on the weekends. That is why I always find it strange and inexplicable when people say that they would keep working if they won a huge lottery. Actually, for that matter, I find it just as strange when people work, by choice, in retirement just for something to do during the day. I could probably spend every day for the rest of my life feeling fulfilled and enriched and alive if I didn't have to work to pay for life's ever increasing expenses. Not once would I think, "Hey, I really want to go to work for 8-12 hours a day so that I have something to do."

0 comments: