Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Movie Review: Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

A few years ago my wife and I went to New York to see the stage production of Sweeney Todd. I have to say, I was highly impressed. The acting, sets, and overall production were excellent in pretty much every way.

That said, we went to see the big screen (aka, movie) version of it this past Sunday. In my opinion, it was a spectacular movie. It had excellent acting from the entire cast. It managed to present the story in pretty much the same way the stage production did. It used a level of in-your-face violent death that hasn't been seen since the classic slasher films of the 80's. Personally, I can't wait until it comes out on DVD. I can't say enough good things about it.

Usually I present my reviews in a more structured form with a basic plot synopsis and leading cast, but I found myself unable to contain my excitement over this movie in order to do so. Anyway, if you have a strong stomach and don't mind a little blood, go see this movie.

0 comments: