Sunday, December 16, 2007

Random Thoughts: A great day?

It feels like it's going to be a great day today. I think I may go to breakfast with my family. After that, I think I will insist that we go for a walk in the snow. Then, I think I will make a fire in the fireplace and have some eggnog while my baby plays in front of the Christmas Tree. Does it get any better than that?

On another note, flipping the channels just now, I encountered Antiques Roadshow. I used to watch this show all the time and found it interesting and entertaining. One other thing I found was that the dollar amounts were reasonable. I didn't watch it for a while because we got satellite TV and there were just too many other things to watch. Now, having gotten rid of that, I am back watching it. Apparently, at some point when I wasn't watching, the show changed slightly. The change is quite subtle, but it's there just the same. It seems like they got rid of all the reasonable value assessments. All they have now is $10K tables and $100K blankets and $2K knick-knacks. I can't help but feel that they got caught up in the hype of the high-dollar assessments. They almost always give insurance estimates which are always higher than an expected sale price. Is it just me that has a problem with this? Maybe I'm just bitter that I don't have any $2k weird brass picture frames with an Egyptian theme that I bought at a church rummage sale for $3.

0 comments: