Friday, January 25, 2008

Random Thoughts: Soooo Boored

I really want to go home, but I have to stay for another half hour or so. I have pretty much exhausted all the internet has to offer me and I pretty much wrapped up the major parts of what I was working on and don't want to start something new. I don't quite know how many more times I can check the local news page for updates. Perhaps I will go Google search for ancestor's names. The futility of that is that my site contains a good portion of the top links for any unusual names and common names are pointless to search for.

On another note, I really don't like "cobweb pages." If you are unfamiliar with the term, a cobweb page is a page that is old and outdated to the point of having figurative cobwebs on it. Anyway, as I was saying, there are a lot of pages I have found that have interesting content that is well written. For most of them, I have gone to the effort to read all the old, existing content on the site to catch up on everything. Once I finally catch up, the feed stays in my RSS reader never to be updated again. One of the problems is that I regularly ignore the most recent post date which often indicates that the site hasn't been updated in months or even years. I dive right in and read the old content and then get annoyed and complain about it.

Well, writing this post has taken fifteen minutes because I got distracted by work.  I guess that means that I can leave soon.

0 comments: