Monday, January 21, 2008

Random Thoughts: I had a pretty good weekend

I'm actually surprised, because I thought it would be hectic and stressful, but it was quite the opposite. I went for a 6.5 mile run. I replaced the heater valve and tie rod end on my truck with the help of a coworker friend. The wife and I played outside with Laura blowing bubbles for her. Lastly, I ate hot wings and chili while (sort of) watching a football game. While I'm not a huge (or even mild) fan of football, it was fun watching it.

All in all, I would say this ordinary weekend was probably one of my most enjoyable in the past few months. Of course, due to the nature of my work holidays, I am working today on Martin Luther King, Jr.  Day. They give us "floating" holidays which can be used to take off the standard non-major days. Alternately, you can save them for some other time. Normally, I only work four hours today, so it works out quite well because I can get a few extra hours and still have a short day. Then, because I banked the holiday, I can use it to turn a normal weekend into a three-day or a three-day weekend into a four day.

I'm thinking that will be good come spring/summer. I really want to take a bunch of mini-vacations or at least one or two medium-sized vacations. Also, I will probably end up needing to take some time off to finally install that foundation drain along the high side of my house. Digging a hundred foot trench should be fun.

0 comments: