Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Random Thoughts: And we're back

Well, it was a nice vacation, even though I didn't go anywhere. I was sorry to leave my wife and baby and come back into work. Man, it sure would be nice to have a couple million in the bank so I could live off the interest. I've made the offer before, but if anyone wants to give me that, I am more than happy to accept.

On another note, we started talking about going someplace old and someplace new. Realizing that we haven't seen some friends in six years, we are considering going for a short trip to Florida. Also, realizing that we have been to Florida before, we are talking about going someplace new, like the southwest. A spring trip to Colorado, Utah, Arizona, or Nevada would be lots of fun. Most likely, it would be a fly-to-Vegas-and-drive-from-there trip. I know my in-laws stayed someplace inexpensive out there, so we will have to look into that. I don't know how long we would stay out there, but I am guessing something on the order of 1-2 weeks. Of course, you never know... this could all fizzle out and we may just go somewhere else.

Actually, now that I say that, I think I will also plan a couple concrete long weekends this summer. I need to take some trips with my family that are fun and memorable.  I'm thinking upstate New York, Maine and Vermont are likely destinations for that. Every year we talk about doing that and never follow through. I think this may be the year that we finally go ahead and make it happen.

0 comments: