Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

I thought about putting the standard three exclamation points (!!!) on the title, but it didn't quite seem worth it. I appreciate the passing of another calendar year as much as the next guy, but I the triple-bang is a little extreme. I was asleep with the passing of the east coast ball drops. I was awake at 11:30 and again at 12:40, but not at 12:00. I don't think I missed anything.

I must say, however, that there is some small part of me that is excited to see what the turning of the calendar will bring. I'm sure there will be lots of changes. Of course, I'm sure that most things will stay the same. Actually, the most significant changes will most certainly be in my daughter. One year from now, she will be two years old and even more of a sentient human being than she is now.

Going forward, I plan to live by the following motto (as much as possible): Remember the past. Anticipate the future. Live in the present.

0 comments: