Friday, June 20, 2008

Recreation: SNA 5k by the Bay Results

So I don't have a link to the official posted times yet, but they posted a print out on the wall at the post-race table. I finished 27th overall with a time of 20:49. I did much better than I though I was going to do given that I kept seeing people pass me throughout the race. Thinking back, I feel that about half the 27 passed me and the other half were ahead of me the whole time. I was 9 seconds behind a second place medal in my age group. I was about 5 feet behind that guy with about 1/3 of a mile to go. I started to put on some speed but I almost blew chunks.

Anyway, I'm happy with my results. I can't believe I did so well. It was a very warm 75 degrees. I know anyone who has been to the south would feel that 75 isn't that warm, but running sub-7 minutes per mile raises body temperature significantly. I don't even want to put on a t-shirt right now, let alone pants. Nope, it's the underwear post for me.

UPDATE:

Here are the official results:

Place No.       Name        Div/Tot   Div    Time    Pace
27 88 WILLIAM GAUCH 4/19 M3039 20:49 6:42
37 87 ERIN GAUCH 3/10 F1829 22:06 7:07

0 comments: