Thursday, February 28, 2008

Random Thoughts: Breaking the law

I'm going to admit what some people who read this already know. I am breaking the law. I somehow didn't realize that my drivers license expired back in December. It was only a couple weeks ago that I realized it when I read a recent news article stating that you need to bring your social security card when renewing your license. I wondered, "When does my license expire?" As I pulled out and opened my wallet I exclaimed, "Oh, crap!"

I haven't been rushing to gather my paperwork and go spend time in the DMV. I haven't been pulled over yet, so what is the need to rush? For some reason, yesterday I had this paranoid feeling that I was moments away from being pulled over. Having my daughter in the car with me, I realized that getting pulled over would probably mean getting my truck towed and walking home with Laura in my arms. I can't see any typically unreasonable officer trusting that I will drive right home to get my paperwork and go to the DMV posthaste. I made my best possible efforts to drive the speed limit and make full and complete stops at all traffic control devices. It does make it tough, though when you have an expired inspection sticker. Man, I really gotta keep on top of these things.

0 comments: