Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Random Thoughts: How weird

Erin and I have been looking around for a daycare/nursery school for Laura to go to two days a week. We want to get her some social skills to go along with her insane intellect. We had settled on one place, but found a different place that Erin said was better. I say, "Erin said..." becuase I was unable to attend the tour/orientation that they had, therefore I trusted her judgement. Laura had her first alone time there today and it was 50/50. Laura was overtired and, as it turns out, sick. I think she caught what her cousin had up in Vermont.

Anyway, I took an early lunch to go pick Laura up and see the facility. Walking in the door, I had one of those, "Where do I know her from..." moments. Turns out, she (the director) had the same thought. After a mental scan, I remebered her. She was a friend of a friend, in the category of 'bordering on a personal friend'. After all, I have eaten at her parent's house.

How strange is it to see someone you never thought you would ever see again for the rest of your life? She was one of those random people who make up little micro nano-story arcs of life. I knew her, and then I didn't know her anymore. Now, she is caring for my kid. How weird.

0 comments: