Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Random Thoughts: My baby is great

I don't really have a specific thing that caused me to say that my baby is great. It's all the little things she does. For your entertainment, here are some examples:


  • I went for a walk with her yesterday, and my knee started hurting sharply. I muttered, "Ow, my knee!" She says from her stroller, "Daddy... Kiss... Knee." After I let her kiss my knee, she says, "Better."

  • Every time I am caring for her, when I say, "Daddy has to use the potty," she goes running off to her room. She grabs a pull-up style of diaper and carries it into the bathroom saying, "Yea! Proud!" She then proceeds to try to get me to lift my foot so she can put it on me.

  • Erin showed me pictures yesterday of a great example of Laura helping. After Erin unloaded the dishes, Laura felt that all her plastic cups in a certain drawer needed washing. She pulled everything out and put it onto the bottom rack of the dishwasher. Afterwards, she decided that she should sit in the now empty drawer.

  • Recently, Laura learned that she could get up onto the dining room chairs. Erin and I were preparing Easter dinner while Laura played randomly. Erin was facing the stove and I was facing the sink. I had seen Laura getting up into the chair but didn't think anything about it. As I work, in the back of my head I hear, "table, table, table, table..." Erin turns around and screams, "Oh my God!" I turn around and exclaim, "Holy crap!" Erin runs into the dining room and removes Laura from the table, tells her how dangerous it is to do that, and then we both recover from our near heart attacks.


Ah, babies. Is there anything better to keep you on your toes?

0 comments: