Friday, March 28, 2008

Random Thoughts: I'm gonna do it

I am planning to take down my site this weekend for maintenance. I hope to migrate to the new server. This requires that I upload all the old software to my new site, get it up and running. Then I will install some new software and get it up and running. Finally, I plan to re-point my domain lookup to the new site. In theory, this shouldn't take more than a few hours. That said, I am assuming that everything will go catastrophically wrong and I will fight with it all weekend. With any luck, I will have it up and running again by Monday. If not, my site will likely be out of commission for up to a week. Hopefully all will go well and no one will notice that I upgraded. Although, now that I think of it, I should probably change something so that it is obvious that I upgraded. Otherwise, how would you appreciate my efforts?

0 comments: