Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Random Thoughts: Getting in to work at 4:30

You know, I sometimes wake up early for an unknown reason. I can't predict it. I often wonder if it is because there is someone or something that passes by my house making some noise that my unconscious brain thinks is danger. Often, I am wide awake and ready to start my day. Usually, it works out in my favor allowing me to get to work a little early. It's nice when people start showing up at 7:30 and I've already been here for 3 hours. It is also nice that I can leave early and not take any vacation time.

As a segue, I have to leave early today so that my wife can go to a wake while I watch the baby. It's a scary thought to consider losing someone you care about. It's a worse thought to consider leaving behind someone you care about. That is one of the reasons I have taken up running. Leading a sedentary lifestyle is my window to diabetes, heart disease and an early death. I want to live long enough to tell my great grandchildren stories about all my adventures in life. I plan to see what tomorrow brings. Whatever deal life gives me, I will play the cards I am dealt. I plan to live.

0 comments: