Sunday, December 28, 2014

Random Thoughts: 40 Years Old

At the end of 2014, I turned 40. I don't feel old. I never have felt like I am getting older. I credit my genetics. I don't have a head of gray hair and I don't have a receeding hairline. Kids and running and general activity keep me mostly in good physical shape. Still... 40 seems like it should be the point where you start feeling older, right?

For me, it's more of a reflection point. I am looking at who and what I am. So, who or what am I? Well, I consider myself a jack-of-all-trades. I try to do everything myself. In a way, I feel that the only way to advance the human spirit is by increasing knowledge and wisdom. Wisdom comes from understanding. Understanding comes from experience.

Anyway, personal philosiphy aside, what does this mean? Well, for one, I want to document what I do. I have no idea what, if anything, will be gained from this effort. That said, I am committing myself to make the effort.

Part of me wants to say, "I will post 40 blogs by the time I turn 41." However, that pledge doesn't really mean anything. So, I'll say, I am planning on more posts. The subject matter will run the gambit of all things I do. And I have a lot going on at all times, so expect the posts to be diverse. 

0 comments: