Saturday, December 20, 2008

Random Thoughts: Snow

Yesterday's snow has given our family some much needed fun. Last year, Laura was a little too little to go sledding safely. This year, however, she is ready, willing and able to zip down the hill on her butt, back, knees, stomach, etc. We took her over the the small hill right next to her house yesterday, but she didn't last long with the wind driven snow in full effect. Today, however, she was ready to go.

And go she did. It was loads of fun just to watch her shooting down the hill at the high school. She was a bright green blur on a dark green sled barely even making a dent in the snow she ran over. Equally as fun, was watching Erin sledding. If I had to guess, I would say Erin had more fun. When Laura got one more face full of snow and wanted to leave, Erin wasn't ready to go. I loaded Laura into the car slowly, followed by the other sled and my jacket while Erin took a couple more runs. Even still, I had to drag Erin off the hill.

OK, so maybe it wasn't quite as dramatic as that, but neither Erin nor I were really ready to leave. Maybe we should get a baby sitter next time we go sledding.

0 comments: