Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Random Thoughts: Where did the time go?

I am finding it hard to have enough time to do the things I want. I know it will only be temporary. When Laura is old enough to entertain herself safely for an extended period of time, I will be able to get more done in the day. The problem is that I have current things that I need/want to do now, as opposed to months/years from now. I really need to write part 3 to my story. I would really like to run at least 3 times a week, preferably every other day. I would really, really like to spend some time working on my 38 Cadillac. You get the idea.

I was thinking about ideas to encourage these things to happen with consistency. I am considering getting a treadmill, possibly as a joint thing for Xmas. Also, I have thought about starting an "affinity group" (LM-BigWord for an interest group) for car repair/restoration. Lastly, I was thinking of waking up half an hour earlier so that I can write 5-7 days a week.

I might not do so well with that last one. I have time at night to get things done, but after dinner, baby bath/dinner cleanup, and the limited prime-time TV that I watch, I don't want to go back down to the cold, damp office or garage, alone, to write or work on the car. Of course, with the last story, that is exactly what I did. Maybe I will start doing that. With any luck, I will work on/finish "The Witch Child of Castle Creek - Part 3" before the end of the week.

0 comments: