Sunday, October 5, 2008

Random Thoughts: Nebraska

I leave tommorow for a 2-day work conference in Omaha. I'm looking forward to getting away from the normal weekly routine, but I'm really not looking forward to getting away from my family. This will be my first time away from Laura. I know it had to happen sooner or later, but I really am going to miss her. I love Erin and will miss her too, but I can have a thorough, worthwhile conversation with Erin on the phone. Conversations with Laura, while getting more involved, are short and cursory. They go something like this:

Me: Hi, Laura! How are you doing? Are you having a fun day?
Laura: Yeah.
Me: What did you do with mommy today.
Laura: Have breakfast.
Me: Are you going to
Laura: Mommy ready this.
Erin: Hold on, Laura. You have to finish talking to daddy.
Laura: Bye. Mommy read this.

Yeah, you get the idea. Anyway, I know it's only a couple days, but it's still going to be tough. Hopefully, Erin will get by without me. It's always nice to have someone to share the efforts of life with.

0 comments: