Thursday, August 14, 2008

Random Thoughts: Just in time

I just finished mowing the lawn in the rain. It was kind of nice. One of the reasons I hate mowing the lawn is because I get all hot, sticky, and covered in dried out grass. Today, as the storm approched, a strong wind kicked up and kept me cool. The light rain that started the storm felt nice and refreshing, even though it matted down the grass a bit.

I finished up with enough time to put the mower away, close the windows and pop open the weather radar before there was an instantaneous flash of lightnight and clap of thunder. The radar shows a big blob of yellow and orange over us. Kind of nice to be inside in the basement rather than the 6'2" guy standing out in the rain/lightning like an idiot right next to a big, open field.

0 comments: