Thursday, April 10, 2008

Random Thoughts: Slow process

Most of you already know this, but I figured out two of the problems preventing me from migrating my server. I have been moving the photo gallery manually because I don't know how well it will work otherwise. What that means is that I will have to go back and re-rotate all the photos that I did on the server because those changes didn't follow across. Also, something I have to look into is that the previous version of the software I used had proportional thumbnails, whereas this one seems to have square thumbnails. It ends up working out "OK" for most photos. Some, though, crop in a way that cuts off a bunch of the photo. Anyway, given the rate at which I am moving this stuff over, it will probably take me the rest of the weekend just to get the photo gallery over. After that, I just have to install wordpress, migrate my latest databases and re-point my domain. No idea when, exactly, that will happen. We'll see.

0 comments: